Workout Week 6 - Repeat, repeat, repeat
This week your mission is to create a pattern in mosaic. Though my initial thought for this workout is of a repeating design, I'm including definitions of pattern to perhaps elicit some other takes on the term. This is another concept that can lead you down a long path through art and math and science, if you want to follow it.
1. a decorative design, as for wallpaper, china, or textile fabrics, etc.
2. decoration or ornament having such a design.
3. a natural or chance marking, configuration, or design: patterns of frost on the window.
4. a distinctive style, model, or form: a new pattern of army helmet.
5. a combination of qualities, acts, tendencies, etc., forming a consistent or characteristic arrangement: the behavior patterns of teenagers.
6. an original or model considered for or deserving of imitation: Our constitution has been a pattern for those of many new republics.
7. anything fashioned or designed to serve as a model or guide for something to be made: a paper pattern for a dress.
8. a sufficient quantity of material for making a garment.
9. the path of flight established for an aircraft approaching an airport at which it is to land.
10. a diagram of lines transmitted occasionally by a television station to aid in adjusting receiving sets; test pattern.
11. Metallurgy . a model or form, usually of wood or metal, used for giving the shape of the interior of amold.
12. Numismatics . a coin, either the redesign of an existing piece or the model for a new one, submitted for authorization as a regular issue.
13. an example, instance, sample, or specimen.
14.Gunnery, Aerial Bombing. a. the distribution of strikes around a target at which artillery rounds have been fired or on which bombs have been dropped.
b. a diagram showing such distribution.
Note regarding email: If you signed up before this week and have not received any emails, please send me a note so I can add you and investigate further.